It was a little questionable at first, but it does appear Spring has finally arrived in the Texas Panhandle! It’s been quite a ride this year hasn’t it? Warm days followed by deep freezes, crazy 70 degree temperature swings, and of course, our beloved wind!
I worked up the nerve to plant a garden this year! I planted one zucchini plant, one cucumber plant, one melon plant, a blackberry bush, some strawberries and a few grape tomato plants (just for the grandkids! They LOVE those things!).
I didn’t do anything fancy. The veggie plants are tucked in a bare spot in the shrub bed. The blackberry bush is just plopped in the big middle of the grass next to the house. He’s kinda lonely over there all by himself, but I’m sure he’ll appreciate all the room as he grows up!
- 1/2 cup kefir plain or vanilla
- 1 Tbsp coco powder
- 1 tsp raw honey or a few drops of liquid stevia if you need to watch your blood sugar
- 1 tsp coconut oil for healthy fat and extra energy
- 1 handful fresh spinach cuz that goes in every smoothie! (you could use chard, kale, or your favorite greens)
- 5-10 fresh mint leaves It depends on their size and how minty you like it. Add a couple to start and work from there. You can also use a drop or 2 of peppermint oil.
- Water and ice as needed to thin smoothie to desired consistency
Add all ingredients to your blender and whirl away! SOO yummy as a snack on a warm spring afternoon! This also makes FABULOUS popsicles for the kids!